SquashTalk > College Squash > Trinity defeats Rochester
Trinity in Show of Strength stops U Rochester 8-1
Jan 23, 2010, by Ron Beck © 2010 SquashTalk.com , Independent News; SquashTalk LLC
Rochester's Hameed Ahmed Gets Sole Yellowjacket Win as Trinity Collects #212 in a Row
) College Fans - SEE ALSO: All Decade Men's College Team by SquashTalk
The Trinity College Bantam men's squash team earned an 8-1 win over the visiting University of Rochester Yellowjackets this evening at Kellner Squash Center. 11-time Defending National Champion Trinity improves to 11-0 and extends the longest winning streak in the history of intercollegiate varsity sports to 212 games. The Bantams widened the gap between itself this week with 8-1 wins at No. 2-ranked Yale Wednesday and tonight's triumph. Rochester falls to 4-2 with its second loss in a row.
Trinity juniors Parth Sharma (Jaipur, India), Randy Lim (Penang, Malaysia) and Chris Binnie (Kingston, Jamaica) and freshman Reinhold Hergeth (Bloemfontein, South Africa) posted 3-0 wins at No.'s 2, 5, 7, and 9, respectively, while junior Hameen Ahmed (Helsinki, Finland) defeated Trinity senior co-captain Supreet Singh (Mumbai, India), 3-0, in the No. 3 match to account for the Yellowjacket scoring. None of the matches went to five games, although No. 1-ranked Trinity senior co-captain Baset Chaudhry (Lahore, Pakistan) won a hard-fought 3-1 contest against No. 3-individually ranked Jim Bristow (Devon, England).
Rochester's Will Nenwham, who won Rochester's point in an 8-1 loss to the Bantams last year in Rochester, lost, 3-1, at #4. Matt Domenick of Rochester extended Trinity to four sets in a 3-1 loss at #6 and Joe Chapman did the same thing for Rochester at #8.
Trinity has won 212 consecutive matches.
1. TC- Baset Chaudhry d., Jim Bristow 7-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-7
2. TC- Parth Sharma d. Benjamin Fischer 12-10, 15-13, 11-8
3. R- Hameen Ahmed d., Supreet Singh 11-9, 12-10, 12-10
4. TC- Vikram Malholtra d., William Newnham 11-13, 11-5, 11-5, 11-7
5. TC- Randy Lim d., Andres Duany 11-6, 11-9, 11-6
6. TC- Antonio Salas d, Matthew Domenick 11-6, 11-5, 4-11, 11-5
7. TC- Chris Binnie d., Juan Pablo Gaviria 11-4, 11-9, 11-9
8. TC- Andres Vargas d., Joseph Chapman 11-5, 7-11, 11-2, 11-5
9. TC- Reinhold Hergeth, 11-8, 11-4, 11-3