Program Director SquashEmpower
The SquashEmpower Program Director is responsible for the day-to-day
operations of all aspects of this urban youth enrichment program. Founded
in 2005, SquashEmpower is a 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization
with three objectives:
- To support disadvantaged school students in their personal
and academic growth
- To promote diversity in the squash community by reaching
an otherwise inaccessible population
- To provide community outreach to adults and students to act
as volunteers for the program
- Develop, plan, and manage the weekly and unique events including
tutoring, physical education, and enrichment programs.
- Facilitate full communication and appropriate participation
- Coordinate with participating organizations, institutions,
- Recruit, develop, evaluate, and retain volunteers;
- Support the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and
and support the program’s major
events including the annual gala and tournament.
- Promote and market the program to the squash, philanthropic
and Washington communities.
- Other duties as agreed to.
The specific duties:
the organization’s new permanent
office in Washington DC.
- Develop program calendar.
- Recruit institutions, organizations, and volunteers for programs.
- Facilitate the execution of programs including transportation,
lodging, meals, volunteers, etc.
the program’s database(s).
- Coordinate, support, and participate in the preparation of
grants and other development materials.
- Coordinate responses to media, public, or other inquiries.
- Organize, prepare, and distribute monthly electronic newsletter.
- Participate in programs as appropriate including chaperoning
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidate shall have demonstrated success in:
- Program management
- Development and fundraising
- Supporting boards of directors and executives
- Volunteer management
- Event planning
- Public communications
Candidates are expected to have earned a Bachelors degree or its
Preferred skills and experience include work with youth programs,
physical education and training, and the use of Microsoft Office
The Program Director will work in the SquashEmpower office along
with the Executive Director. The office will be in Washington
DC and Metro accessible.
The Program Director will be supervised and evaluated by the
Executive Director. A three-month and six-month evaluation will occur
in the first year. Annual evaluations will be performed thereafter.
It is anticipated that the office will be within a professional firm
and the Operations Director will have regular contact with professionals
and parents. Dress will be appropriate for the environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check.
The anticipated start date is July 2007.
For More Information Contact: Connie Barnes email@example.com
SquashEmpower is dedicated to diversity and strongly
encourages candidates from all communities to apply.
All materials © 1999-2007. Communicate with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Squashtalk LLC, PO Box 2918, Acton, MA 01720 USA, Editor and Publisher
Graphics editor Debra Tessier, Pro editor Martin Bronstein, Doubles editor
comments, ideas, contributions and feedback to the webmaster.
Copyright © 1999-2007 SquashTalk, all rights reserved, may not be
reproduced in any form except for one-time personal use
Squashtalk.com must always be explicitly credited.